Due to retirement and expansion we are currently looking for a full time, permanent vet to join our keen and enthusiastic (most of the time) team. Although experience would be advantageous a positive, recent graduate with the right attitude (not a pillock) would be considered.
Tethera is a proudly independent, progressive farm and equine practice in the Eden Valley, just off the A66 and 25mins off the M6 at Penrith. Close to the Lake District and Yorkshire dales we are fortunate to live and work in a beautiful part of the Country.
We have a good mix of dairy, beef and sheep farms with plenty of routine scanning work as well as lots of calving and lambing in both commercial and pedigree herds/flocks. We have all the equipment you would expect- easi-scan ultrasound scanners, X-ray machine, bull and tup fertility testing equipment, Total-vet, in house lab for mastitis samples and worm and fluke counts etc. We do all of our own TB testing but this is shared equally between all vets and our locum TB tester. We hold regular farmer meetings on a variety of topics including the BVD Stamp It out Scheme. There is a small amount of first opinion equine work (don’t let that put you off!!) which could increase should that be of interest.
As Tethera grows we continue to look for ways to develop the services we offer. We are hoping to find a keen forward-thinking vet to join our current (very sarcastic) assistant alongside three (grumpy) directors. The role could be mainly farm or involve more equine work, depending on your preference. Holding OV panels for exports would be an advantage but is not essential.
- All vets work a 4-day week (love our day off and good work:life balance- we all have various hobbies that we pursue outside of work and this is encouraged)
- 5.6 weeks holiday per annum
- CPD funded and encouraged
- Rota- 1 in 5 on call weeknights and weekends
- Support provided by directors and a dedicated 2nd on call can be provided initially if required
- Friendly vet and reception team (we hope)
- Options to develop areas of interest
- Salary commensurate with experience
- RCVS, VDS and either BCVA or BEVA membership paid for.
- Car can be provided if needed
To apply please email email@example.com or for an informal chat please contact
Helen, Ruth or Sophie on 017683 51819